Send your post program activity information (Where, What, Who & When) to email@example.com and include contact information. If you have a flier, we will post the flier, after converting it to a PDF document.
The Google calendar uses the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org, contact Webmaster for password.
Here you will find information about scheduled post and district events. Fliers for events can be included in this section for others to access. Once posted on this page unit can use the url (web location or address) to share their flier on Facebook.
Call to Caucus
Saturday, October 14
Post 741, Camarillo
Generally, meetings of The American Legion are open to all Legionnaires in good standing (current dues paid).
District 16 Meetings, dates are defined in the district by-laws.
- Officer Installation - Saturday, July 15, 2017 @ Camarillo, Post 741
- Organizational Meeting - Sunday, July 16, 2017 @ Camarillo, Post 741
- Sunday, September 10, 2017 @ Santa Maria, Post 56
- Sunday, November 19, 2017 @ Guadalupe Post 371
- Sunday, February 25, 2018 @ Cambria Post 432
- Annual Meeting - Sunday, February 5, 2018 @ Camarillo Post 741
District 16 is part of Area 6, along with District 18, District 20 and District 24. Just as District 16 supports our local posts, Area 6 serves a similar function on a larger scale and is more directly linked to the Department of California. There is a total of 6 areas in California, 30 districts and 460 Legion posts. Area 6 traditionally holds their caucuses on:
Area 6 Meetings (caucus)
- Spring Caucus, the 3rd weekend in March, and
- Fall Caucus, the 3rd weekend in September
Department of California
- Annual Convention (June)
- Fall DEC, August 11 - 13, 2017 at Amador Post 108, District 11
DEC Hotel Information
- Friday, Aug 11, Ways & Means in the morning
Finance Commission in the afternoon.
- DEC starts at 9:00 am on Saturday, Aug 12.
- Spring DEC, March 9 - 11, 2018. Post 56, Santa Maria, and
- Various meetings and call-ins of Department Commissions.
The specific dates and locations of these meetings can be found on the Calendar page of the Department web site, calegion.org/calendar.html